Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chicken soup for the... soul??

I have been SOO sick.

I am a teacher. 
I get exposed to multiple germs on a daily basis.
My body knows how to fight them off.
So if I get sick, you know it's a whopper of nastiness!

I'm guessing what I had was the flu.
I hurt so bad I couldn't move.
I ran around a 102 fever for days.
One minute I felt like I was freezing to death, the next I would be sweating profusely.

The worst part... I was alone.

Sure,  I don't want people around me when I am sick.
I don't want to infect others with the misery that I am experiencing.
But I had forgotten... I had forgotten how nice it was to have someone take care of you when you can't take care of yourself.

I wanted chicken noodle soup.
Not the out-of-the-can kind, but the homemade make-you-feel-better kind.
I got everything out and on the stove to cook.
That took ALL the energy I had.
I ended up taking a nap from cooking soup!!!
Seriously.

Most days I feel like I do an okay job on my own.
Obviously I haven't found the "right" guy for me yet.
But I think when I do find one, he will need to know how to make a good chicken noodle soup.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have the energy to make chicken noodle soup from scratch even when I'm healthy. The can sounds good to me. I say go for the can then go for a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn,

    Sorry to hear that you have been unwell;(

    Hope you're feeling better now.

    If I'd lived closer I'd have made you my husband's gran's homemade chicken soup.

    Take care.

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your feeling better now. SIckness sucks.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!