Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Do as I say, not as I do.

Lately Sam has really started paying attention to what I have to say about rules around the house. I don't know what light bulb that has finally been switched on in his young mind, but it seems to keep coming back and biting me.

Examples:
Colby was chucking crayons at my kitchen wall the other night. He said, "It seemed like it would be fun." He thought that until I spanked his bottom. I reminded him (and Sam) that it is never okay to write on the wall... even if we think it will be fun.

Then 2 nights later, I called the boys into the laundry room where I mark their heights on the wall. (Something my mom always did when we were kids.) Sam turned and looked at me and said, "Mom, you said we weren't supposed to write on the wall."

uh...yeah...about that....

Then on Friday I told the boys, "Remember to please turn out your bedroom light when you leave the room so we don't waste electricity." Not more than 10 minutes later, Sam calls for me. "What Sam? I asked. "Mom. You are wasting electricity." He says as he is pointing to my bathroom light that I left on.

I guess I should be happy he is listening, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!