Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Today is brought to you by the letter B

It's been about three weeks since I blogged...
It's not that I don't have things to say or share. (That's never the problem!)

It is because I have been busy.
Busy with baseball, teaching about bees, baking, and picking blueberries.
In the last 3 weeks, I have gone to 12 baseball games, baked 4 cakes, 5 pies, and 2 desserts, and picked 25 pounds of blueberries.  


The boys have been playing well... They both have gotten to pitch and, of course, sliding to get their pants dirty is always fun!

This year for summer school, I am teaching all about insects.  So far I have taught ants and bees.  Last week I had a beekeeper come talk to my classes.  He even brought in live bees!!  The kids loved it!



Here's are the cakes that I have delivered:
A Pokemon birthday cake

Here's the card that inspired it:

a 25th wedding anniversary cake:


a 2nd birthday cake for my niece:


and a baptism cake for my nephew:


Then a former student has been diagnosed with a rare disease.  Our school decided to do a fundraiser to help offset medical costs. I knew I would be at  a ball game that night, so I baked 5 pies (2 strawberry rhubarb, 2 blueberry, and 1 mixed berry)  to auction off.


The boys and I always go and try to pick enough blueberries to last the rest of the year... we were VERY successful this year!  All 25 pounds were picked in 2 hours!

Sam might have eaten his weight in blueberries ;)


And with that... I think it's bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh...does Papa Dale know that you make strawberry rhubarb pie? He loves it! Those cakes are adorable. I just can't get over the lamb. He really takes the cake! (Teehee - I crack me up!)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!