Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I've Got A Golden Ticket....

Last night, (as I was grading the last of my papers before Christmas break), I watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It was showing on tv. Somehow this movie is supposed to be "related" to Christmas, but I haven't quite figured out why yet...
Shrek the Halls, Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, and Frosty - I completely get, but Charlie and the Chocolate Factory????

Anyways, The whole reason I am posting is because I have a little boy in my class this year that I have thought to myself all year long, "Who does he remind me of?" And last night, I was reminded! He is the spitting image of Charlie - down to the buck teeth and all!

I'm afraid I won't be able to be around him now without singing,

"I've got a golden ticket.
I've got a golden twinkle in my eye.

I never had a chance to shine.
Never a happy song to sing.
But suddenly half the world is mine.
What an amazing thing!"

Yes. I am this strange around my students also! :)

1 comment:

  1. Better that he looks like the new Charlie and not the one from the original movie! That poor kid had some bad hair!

    The word verification is weisapig. I think that is German for "smart swine." :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!