Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

What I've been up to....

Some of you might have started to wonder if I had fallen off the face of the Earth or something. Well...I haven't. I have just been soooo busy, sitting down to blog kinda fell by the wayside. Not that I have time now - that's SO far from the truth - but I wanted to let you know a few things that I have been up to!
Girls' Weekend 2008
Now most of this weekend is top secret because "What happens at Lake of the Ozarks, stays at Lake of the Ozarks" but I will bullet the top events for those who were there (just as a reminder) ;) And let you know that it was a GREAT time well spent by all!!!! (Tooo bad it only comes once a year!) :(
  • A flashing neon sign above my head
  • Add Brad to Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
  • Drink being bought for R.
  • The Blue Room


Visit from Suz & Joe
A wonderful college friend, who I had not seen in 5 years, came down with her husband and fam this weekend. It was like we had never even skipped a beat.

That's what I really enjoy about a true friend....that there isn't hard feelings for the time that we have allowed to get away, just joy that we have this time to spend now.

They have 3 kids - 3, 5, & 7 - which were perfect playmates for my boys who are 3 & 5. Plus Joe was such a dear to allow Suz and I to go out on the town the first night while he stayed at my house with all five kids (even with Sam balling his eyes out).

Saturday we headed to Lakeside Forest Wilderness Area - This is a hiking trail located right in the heart of Branson consisting of 319 hand-laid stone steps. How I attended 4 years of college here and then lived another 10 years on top of that here and still had NO idea about this place, I will never know! Thank goodness for Suzanne's gentle prodding to get me to join them because we had a wonderful time!!


Now... the fun is gone and reality has struck. I have been heading back to my classroom to make it look all clean and fresh for a new bunch of kiddos.

Normally this time of year = excitement for the budding new school year. I guess, this summer, I just had too much fun. So... the thought of being trapped inside isn't exactly getting me all giddy inside.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is the third time I have written this comment. If it doesn't work this time, it's a sign from God, and I quit. ;)

    I remember the Blue Room all too well. My girlfriends and I have one weekend a year there too. We went in October, so it was pretty much just locals. But, I was dancing with my friends and this guy starts dancing with all of us, and then singles me out. (I think it was one of those cases of being the antelope with the bad leg, so the lion figures, he can catch it) The, he will not leave me along. I finally told him that I was going to sit down. So, he sits down with me. Great. Then he keeps asking me why I won't dance, blah blah blah. Then he reaches for my hand (he had already kissed the back of the hand of one of my friends) and HE LICKS THE BACK OF MY HAND! I just took my hand and smacked him. I wanted to say, "Does that EVER work for you? I'm guessing it doesn't, because that is the MOST disgusting thing I have ever experienced and I am freakin' 40 years old!" But, I didn't. One of my friends came over and rescued me. GEEZ!

    Other than that, we had a great time. ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I love reading your blog. Hope school preparation is great! The kids started today. Ian's teacher has a Smart Board so I got to actually see the thing and try it out. Such fun. She said any teacher that wanted one this year was provided with it. Yikes. Pricy! So glad Ian and Bobby are being exposed to technology like that. I love it! Hope you kids enjoy your talent and heart! They are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!