Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Brothers

I love that my two boys have each other.  Nothing warms my heart more than seeing them cuddling next to each other hugging and loving on each other.  Sure... a few minutes later, they will instead be wrestling... and possibly even fighting... but for those few seconds, they are SO precious and the love radiates from them. I am so very happy to know that they will forever have each other to turn to, to laugh with, to cry with... even to fight with. But mostly to love!

I have 3 brothers that I love dearly.  Each one fills a different void. Michael, my older brother, lives for the day.  He has an adventurous lifestyle that I know I couldn't keep up with, but I would love trying.  My younger brother, Tim, is the one the most like me and I can tell anything to. Nick, my youngest brother, has shown me that family means more than I ever knew.

I have a few other brothers that I can't officially claim as my own, but in my heart, they are.... R. and Ty both have older brothers.  They both tortured their younger brothers in their younger years, but now they are role models that their brothers look up to and love dearly.
For me, they make me feel especially special every time I see them.  I can't explain it...  But they hug with fervor, they know the right questions to ask and the right things to say, and they make me feel more part of their family sometimes than their younger brothers.

Yes, brothers are something I definitely can't live without and I'm glad my life is filled with them.

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. - Desmond Tutu

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!