Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I was caught counting the eggs

I am a firm believer in not counting my chickens before they hatch.
I normally never want to believe something good is going to happen just in case something could go wrong.
Normally.

But, you see, back in November my assistant superintendent came and asked me if I would be interested in a district tech position if they created it.  I was told that I was the only candidate that they were looking at... that no one else was even on their radar.

In January, I was told to be patient because this job was made for me and soon it would come to fruition.

In February, they finally posted the job and my principal and I made plans for all of the cool things we could do technology-wise in my building.

I interviewed on Monday.
Today... I found out that I didn't get the job.

I'm kinda numb.
I normally don't count my chickens before they hatch... but I was definitely caught counting the eggs...

3 comments:

  1. Hugs Dawn:,0(...I still think you're very awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry...they shouldn't have led you to believe that it was a given if it wasn't. But, if you are teaching next year, those are some LUCKY kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so sorry! That really stinks. Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!